Free Company Map Night occurs every Monday night at 8:00pm EST!
The requirements to participate:
- Access to all Endwalker zones; and,
- Completion of the Treasure Hunt quests to unlock the /dig command.
Flight is not required in these zones because many Free Company members will offer rides in multi-seater mounts, but flight is definitely recommended.
Parties will be formed on a first-come, first-serve basis. In the event that multiple full parties are formed and there are still members who want to participate, other groups will help create another group by transferring one or two people so that everyone can participate. In the event that there are less-than enough people for two full groups, groups will be formed to try to have an equal number of players.
During the FC Map event, all loot is NEED for all players participating, regardless of who supplied the map. The reasoning behind this is that all players within the group are contributing to the success of the map, and therefore all should have an equal attempt at the loot.
If there is an item you need for something important, or are trying to collect (crafting materials, minions, orchestra rolls, etc), you can always ask the group if you can have it. Please remember that this is a shared event, so make sure it is for something important before you ask; everyone deserves a chance at loot.
General Guidelines for Map Night:
- Please be committed if you're going to attend! We do understand that real life happens; however, if you know that you're going to be away from the group for extended periods of time, consider taking a break and rejoining when you're able to commit and other members can take the spot. Please note that vacancies may not be there when you return!
- To ensure Map Night efficiency, be ready to roll on loot items quickly so the group can progress. Furthermore, please have your gear repaired, Chocobo food ready, and all other tasks (Free Company Lottery tickets purchased, retainer ventures, etc.) taken care of prior to joining a Map Party. This means faster maps and more loot for everyone!
- Please have your maps in your inventory and ready to go! You can hold one deciphered map and one undeciphered map on your person. Please don't have any maps open in your Key Items that does not pertain to the map party you're in (Level 70, Level 80, etc.)
- Map Parties will go through zones in a specific order and will do all maps in that zone before progressing to the next zone. If you have a map in the current zone, please let the Party Lead know right away so that it isn't missed. Map Party Leaders will ask if anyone has additional maps in the area before the group moves on - be sure to mention yours! Backtracking to previous zones will add unnecessary time to overall map night!
- If you bring multiple maps, allow the Map Leader to go through everyone's maps at least once before opening any additional maps. This will keep your key items free if there is not enough time to do a second map for everyone; and,
- The Free Company will provide enough maps for one round of maps for each person in the party. Additional maps can be supplied by members within the party if the group decides to do more than one round.
If you have any questions about these guidelines/rules, please reach out to any Free Company Leader. **The guidelines are meant to ensure fairness and equality, which are fundamental principles of our Free Company. Any spontaneous map nights in which at least half of the group are members of our Free Company should use these guidelines to further promote our core values.