- FSH unlocked
- It will be easier at 50 or higher to participate, but you can participate at level 1 through Ocean Fishing
- Bait for whatever fish you’re trying to catch, you’re in charge!
To help inspire the FC to take up the fishing mantle, we’ll be having a kind of fishing competition throughout the month of February, starting on March 6 and ending on March 31. The goal will be to catch and show the rarest big fish you can each week (taking submissions on each Friday) and scoring points until the end of the event. The top 5/10 rarest fish submitted each week will score cumulative points and the top 3 scorers at the end of the 4 weeks will be the winner! There will also be a “bonus fish” each week for people to catch for some extra points.
- How will the rarity be calculated?
- I’ll be using the uptime tracker on https://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com/ to determine rarity. There are some exceptions like the Warden of the Seven Hues which are rarer than their uptime, but those are easy to identify
- How do people participate?
- Catch fish! The tracker will be given to everyone for some inspiration and learning where fish are hidden and the rest is up to them. We’ll encourage people to group up and go to some fishing holes throughout the month in chat to hopefully drive some camaraderie.
- How can you participate if you’re level 1?
- Ocean fishing has some hard to catch fish as well without stat requirements. The rest of big fishing is all level 50+.
- Where can we see the scores?
- We’ll have a scoreboard for people to check out. I’ll probably put something on the bot for people to use as well
- Who will win prizes?
- We’ll see how many participate, but the thought is top 3 + an honorable mention for each week’s rarest or most interesting fish.